August 5, 2017
It’s a no for me.
I was tagged by the lovely Rosa from her Instagram account: BookishHorcrux and alongside an Instagram post, I will be posting my more length answers here! Check out her insta for her answers! Okay, here we go with the “Nope Book Tag”!
1) NOPE ENDING | A book ending that made you go NOPE either because of rage or denial: This one is applicable to SO MANY BOOKS. I think I will choose Empire of Storms by the amazing Sarah J. Maas. The end of book 5 was not what I was expecting. Not only is it heartbreaking, but it makes you feel as if you lost something. I remember just sitting alone in my room after I finished it and not knowing how to feel. There are two more books in the Throne of Glass world and I suspect it’s not going to get any easier…
2) NOPE PROTAGONIST | A main character you dislike and drives you crazy: Oh boy…Alina Starkov from the Shadow and Bone series by Leigh Bardugo. I have so many reasons why I cannot stand Alina. I found her character to be very boring and thought she made ridiculous choices. She was so wrapped up in her love with Mal that she didn’t seem to understand anything else. I don’t know, maybe that’s just me, but I had difficulty reading the Grisha Trilogy because of her.
3) NOPE SERIES | A book series that turned out to be a big pile of NOPE or a series you gave up on because it wasn’t worth it: There are so many series that I started and never finished. I am going to agree with Rosa on this one and say the Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth. I was halfway through Insurgent when the final book (the major death) was spoiled for me. I quickly gave up, but may try to read it again in the distant future.
4) NOPE POPULAR PAIRING | A “ship” you don’t support: Lucien and Elain from A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas. Even though they are mates, I prefer Elain with Azriel! I just loved their dynamic in the third book and Azriel deserves so much happiness! I really hope to see more of them in the upcoming novels.
5) NOPE PLOT TWIST | A plot twist you didn’t see coming: I am going to say the fake sibling relationship between Clary and Jace in The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. When I first read the books, I did it without spoilers and I was PISSED. I am so glad it wasn’t true!
6) NOPE PROTAGONIST ACTION/ DECISION | A character decision that made you shake your head: There are so many it is ridiculous. This sort of reminds me of when you’re watching a horror movie and you are screaming at the stupid girl who decides to go in the creepy house by herself, you know? I am going to dedicate this to another Mortal Instruments character and that would be Alec Lightwood. I think we all know to which circumstance I am referring to. If you don’t well, it involves him trying to be a good boyfriend and failing miserably because Magnus’ bitchy vampire ex-girlfriend was being absolutely horrible. Basically page 511 of City of Lost Souls.
7) NOPE GENRE | A genre you will never read: Really sappy romance novels. You know the ones, right? Where the cover has a shirtless guy with long hair and he’s on a horse…bit disturbing really. No thanks!
8) NOPE RECOMMENDATION | A book recommendation that is so hyped that you refuse to read: I don’t know how hyped up it is, but I am still refusing to read the sequel to Me Before You by Jojo Moyes titled After You. I still think it was unnecessary to create another sequel. I think Lou and Will’s story was special by itself and the thought of read a story in which she is moving forward without him breaks my heart.
10) NOPE VILLAIN | A villain/ antagonist that would make you run the opposite direction: I was going to say Sebastian Morgenstern, but I am going to have to go with Alice from Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab. I recently read the sequel to This Savage Song and that Malchai just freaks me the hell out! No thank you ma’am!
11) NOPE DEATH | A character death that still haunts you: I could do a complete post on the Harry Potter deaths alone. I am still not over Sirius Black or Lupin or Fred or Tonks… Then there are all the Shadowhunter Chronicles deaths. There there is the issue that I have never gotten over Kili’s death from The Hobbit.
12) NOPE AUTHOR | An author you had bad experience reading for and decide to quit: I have really decided to officially quit ANY author, but I did go into read Maggie Stiefvater’s Shiver thinking I was going to love it, but found I couldn’t get past the first chapter and had to quit the series. HOWEVER, I will be reading her Raven Cycle series as soon as possible.
Okay! So there we have it! I hope you liked my answers! I want to know your answers as well! Leave them in the comments below or answer them in your own post and link to it! I’d love to read it!