“You care so much you feel as though you will bleed to death with the pain of it.” ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
November 11, 2016
Hello, my name is Haley Forté and I have an obsession with Harry Potter.
Now you’re supposed to say, “Hi Haley…” in a very monotone voice. No? Oh, okay. On with the post then. I went back through my account and apparently I haven’t done a Harry Potter tag…unless I am completely oblivious and just didn’t see it. Oh well! I am doing it anyways! I found this from One Tiny Wish and thought it looked fun.
If any other Potterheads out there want to answer these questions then please do and let me know in the comments! Also, if you have anymore fun tags that I could do, I would love to see them!
ON WITH THE TAG!
1) What is your favourite book? Now, obviously if you know me or have read my blog or instagram then you know it is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I have already gone into so much detail on why this is my favourite, but in short: Voldemort is not directly involved, Sirius and Lupin are introduced, WEREWOLVES, Marauders, BUCKBEAK, and the beginning of Romione. If you look closely, it’s there!
5) What part of the books and films made you cry? I am just going to go through the books and tell you as I am pretty sure everything was in the movies as well. Book 1: The Mirror of Erised scene. To be fair, I cry every time Lily and James are mentioned…every time. Book 2: nothing, actually. Book 3: When Sirius has to leave…also when Remus realizes that Sirius was innocent. However that was more happy tears. Book 4: Graveyard scene. Usually it was just when Lily, James, Cedric, etc. came out of Voldemort’s wand, but recently, Cedric’s death has made me teary eyed, even though it hadn’t before. Book 5: SIRIUS ORION BLACK’S DEATH. Book 6: I never really cry when Dumbledore dies because I always saw it coming. I tear up when it is Snape that has to do it, their bromance was so strong. Book 7: THE ENTIRE DAMN BOOK AND MOVIES.
7) What is your favourite character? OK. How do you just pick one? I have six characters that I will defend until the end because I love them so much. In no particular order: Draco Malfoy, Luna Lovegood, Sirius Black, Fred Weasley, George Weasley, and Remus Lupin. I absolutely love this group for many reasons and even though three of them are dead, that won’t make me stop loving them!
8) Least favourite character? I think this is pretty simple. Dolores Umbridge. I love Voldemort in comparison to her. She made me furious and I was so annoyed that Fred Weasley was killed over her…J.K. Rowling…why? I have recently read her backstory in the new Pottermore ebooks and it made me dislike her even more!
9) Favourite Quote? It is a quote from Sirius Black and it is: “We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.” ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
10) Least favourite quote? I don’t know if I have one. Well I suppose it could be: “Filth! Scum! By-products of dirt and vileness! Half-breeds, mutants, freaks, begone from this place! How dare you befoul the house of my fathers–” by Walburga Black. I never did like Sirius’ mother.
11) Patronus? My personal Patronus is actually a White Swan. I don’t know why, but that is what was chosen for me on Pottermore!
12) Boggart? I have no clue how this would work! My greatest fear is heights so unless the boggart turns into a giant skyscraper…Perhaps that isn’t my greatest fear then…hmmm.
13) What Deathly Hallow would you want? Hands down, the Invisibility Cloak. You could do so much with that, both good and evil. Not that I’m evil…I think.
14) Hogwarts House? Easy, Slytherin. I have been in Salazar’s house since I first read the books and then Pottermore sorted me and I was thrilled. Perhaps I am evil! I’d be okay with that.
15) What would be your Quidditch Position? I am quite small so I think Seeker would be best fit for me.
16) What would be your favourite class? Definitely Defense Against the Dark Arts! Especially if Lupin or Snape was teaching it!
17) What character would you resurrect? I think about this a lot. You would think I would say Sirius or Lupin, but I would, without regret, bring back Fred. Now, allow me to explain. Yes, Harry lost two amazing father figures and Teddy was left without his dad, but Teddy has Harry. Harry has proven he can take care of himself and has Arthur and Molly as his parental figures. But losing a twin? That must be the most horrible thing. Plus, I don’t think George could really be himself without his Fred.
18) What would be your job in the Wizarding World? I would love to be either an Auror or a professor at Hogwarts. Or both.
19) What cast member would you like to meet? I would love to meet: Evanna Lynch, James and Oliver Phelps, Helena Bonham Carter, and Jason Isaacs.
20) Were you happy with the ending? Is anyone? To be frank, no, I wasn’t. There so many loose ends that I was wondering about. I was an emotional wreck by the end of it and some of my characters were dead…it was just…a lot. Sure, Voldemort was dead, but so were many others! Remadora were no longer and the Malfoys just sort of skipped town…I did like the epilogue and Cursed Child, but I need MORE.
Well, there you have it! I want you to answer these questions and send me the links!