September 20, 2015
Hello Hello Hello!
Now by the title I am sure all of you just had a heart attack! What is a morning person?! Me! That’s right, I have officially converted into a morning person. I shall allow you to gasp one more time, my friends. In all seriousness, yes it’s true and I am quite proud of myself.
If you have been a long time reader I think I mentioned that for the past four years I had been such a night owl. That was probably because I danced so late at night and had so much homework and had to be at school so early, I guess it was just easier…but it was awful. I wouldn’t get home till around ten every night then would still have homework and have to shower and eat dinner. I wouldn’t be able to go to bed till around midnight or even later. Which is not healthy! So now that I have a lot more control over my life, I am changing course! So here are my reasons!
1. My Morning, My Time: Basically this means that my morning is when I can take the time to shower and get ready at my own pace and just prepare my brain for the day. Rather than rushing to get ready, eat breakfast, make sure I have everything in an hour, like I did in high school.
2. Silent Serenity: Have you ever ventured outside just as the sun is rising and just listened? It’s amazing. I tend to make myself something to drink or eat and sit on my porch and just listen. It sounds really cheesy and cliché, but it really is amazing. Getting outside in the morning is important to me, but I am not one for a morning jog, so I’ll just haul some cereal outside and enjoy the fresh air that way.
3. Training My Brain: Since I used to have such a wacky sleep schedule, I would feel fatigued all day and sluggish and just not full of life in a sense. I would wake up and feel gross and very out of it. Now that I have set an alarm for seven-thirty every morning I have trained my brain and body to get up and start my day. I may not be going to school, but I do have things I want to get done everyday.
4. A Clean Space and Productivity: If you read my last MindFul Monday post then you would know that my level of productivity has gone down recently. I am hoping that changes with this new course I am taking. Once I get up I immediately make my bed. This signifies that I am up and not going to crawl back into my cozy cocoon. I will also tidy up my room. Maybe pick up some clothes that I was too lazy to put away the evening before or wipe down my desk. I tend to work better in a cleaner space so I hope this will also induce productivity.
5. Elixir of Creativity: Can anyone guess what that might be? No? Well, I’ll tell you, it’s coffee. Just the process of going into the kitchen and making a warm cup of coffee really makes my day brighter. That is when I will head to the porch and probably end up downing two cups…no shame!
Alright that’s it! Are you an early riser or a night owl? Let me know in the comments below!
Have a lovely Sunday!